Thank you for another exciting RSA Conference! It is hard to believe that a full week has passed us by. Our 23rd annual event was by far our most successful and we can’t thank you, our community enough for your dedication and involvement. This year a record number of more than 28, 500 attendees experienced approximately 419 sessions, keynotes, peer-to-peer sessions, track sessions, tutorials and seminars, which featured 604 speakers!
Some of RSA Conference 2014 highlights included:
- RedOwl Analytics was named Most Innovative Company at RSA Conference 2014 by the Innovation Sandbox’s judges’ panel, which was comprised of technology, venture and security industry thought leaders.
- Over three days, conference attendees participated in a charity:water challenge, funding twowater projects for schools in Nepal.
- Tripwire and ThreatTrack were the first two community members to join RSA Conference’s challenge of joining the STEM education coalition.
- The 17th Annual RSA Conference Awards program highlighted the work of five security professionals in the fields of mathematics, public policy and security practices. This year’s winners included:
- F. Lynn McNulty, Lifetime Achievement Award
- Zurich Insurance Group, Excellence in the Field of Information Security
- Prof. Bart Preneel, COSIC, University of Leuven, Excellence in the Field of Mathematics
- Dr. Patrick Gallagher, Under Secretary of Commerce for Standards and Technology, Excellence in the Field of Public Policy
What a close to the week! Dr. Hugh Thompson once again rocked the stage with the always amusing and informational “Hugh Thompson Show.” After a week of debating the issues of our industry the master of all things debatable, Stephen Colbert graced the RSA Conference stage and was a great way to end the conference!
I hope that you enjoyed yourself as much as I have this year and will look forward to seeing you again at a future event. For those joining us at RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan 2014, the conference will take place on July 22 – 23, 2014 at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. For those staying stateside, RSA Conference 2015 will take place April 20 – 24, 2015 right here at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.
Thank you all and safe travels home!