- Oct 29, 2013
RSACONFERENCE EUROPE 2013 OPENS TODAY IN AMSTERDAM
Amsterdam, 29 October 2013 – The top information security professionals and business leaders across Europe gathered today at the Amsterdam RAI Convention Centre for the opening of the 14th annual RSA Conference Europe. From 29-31 October, 2013 RSA Conference Europe attendees will immerse themselves in business-critical issues, insider knowledge and hands-on advice from leading information security experts.
Over three days, RSA Conference Europe 2013 will provide real-world experience from speakers and peers on topics ranging from securing intellectual property and privacy to the latest in emerging threats and human element vulnerabilities. Through education and networking, attendees will understand risks, explore oversights and know how to protect their organizations from repeating mistakes.
This year’s notable list of keynote speakers offers a variety of industry thought leadership, next generation technology and practical advice. RSA Conference Europe 2013 keynote speakers include:
- Lord Sebastian Coe, Former Chairman of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Mark Hughes, CEO, BT Security
- Art Coviello, Executive Chairman, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Amit Yoran,Senior Vice President, Product Architecture, Development and Operations, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Stephen Trilling,SVP, Chief Technology Officer, Symantec Corporation
- Wolfgang Kandek, Chief Technology Officer, Qualys
- Mike Reavey, Senior Director, Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft
- Joshua Corman, Director of Security Intelligence, Akamai Technologies
- Herbert “Hugh” Thompson, Ph.D, RSA Conference Programme Committee Chairman
“Information security has become a critical element for enterprise success, stability and growth,” said Sandra Toms LaPedis, Vice President and General Manager RSA Conferences. “Our expertise is needed in nearly every facet of business – from protecting innovation to securing workflow. The more mobile organisations become, the more reliant we are on creating the strategies and solutions that protect the global economy.”
Some hot sessions at RSA Conference Europe 2013 include:
- Cyber Security Information Exchange – Join Luc Dandurand, Senior Scientist, NATO Communications and Information Agency, at 15.30, Tuesday, 29 October, to explore the high-level requirements of a Cyber Security Data Exchange and hear a brief description of the work needed to develop it.
- When Worlds Collide - Harmonising Governance Between Security And Privacy – Enterprises are realising that a robust governance, risk management and compliance function is not a regulatory burden, but a strategic goal that aligns security, privacy and identity for the benefit of the organisation. In this session, scheduled for 13.00, Wednesday, 30 October, leading security and privacy professionals will share their experiences and advice for organisations wishing to deliver a harmonised governance approach. Panelists include:
- Rita Di Antonio, Managing Director, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP Europe)
- Gabriela Krader, Corporate Data Protection Officer, Deutsche Post DHL
- Jyn Schultze-Melling, Chief Privacy Officer, Allianz SE
- Toby Stevens, Director, Enterprise Privacy Group Ltd
- Breach-Aholic Anonymous – What Can We Learn From Data Breaches? Currently, there is no universal EU law mandating firms within the European Union to alert regulators when they’ve suffered a breach. Given that this lack of a mandated disclosure law does not affect whether organisations are being attacked or not, this session will cover some of the lessons learned from a variety of data breaches. Join the below panelists on Wednesday, 30 October at 15.30 to become part of the group discussion:
- Dwayne Melancon, Tripwire
- Brian Honan, BH Consulting
- Javvad Malik, 451 Research
- Quentyn Taylor, Canon Europe
- Security vs. Privacy – The BIG Fight Never has the tension between security and privacy been more sharply in focus. From news headlines to board rooms, privacy concerns are a growing topic of discussion. The complexity of laws and regulations, especially in the global market, poses a serious challenge. On Thursday, 31 October at 14.40, some of the industry’s most passionate and knowledgeable advocates will debate one of the digital world’s most pressing topics. Panelists include:
- Carsten Casper, Gartner Research
- Antonis Patrikios, Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP
- David Cripps, Investec UK
- J.C. Boggs, King & Spalding
- Neira Jones, Accourt
RSA Conference Europe would like to extend its thanks its 2013 sponsors: Microsoft; RSA, The Security Division of EMC; Symantec Corporation; Qualys; FireEye; SafeNet; Splunk; Airwatch; BAE Systems Detica; BlackBerry; BoardVantage; Fox IT; MWR Infosecurity; Norman Shark; Okta; Palo Alto Networks; PhishMe.com; Rapid7; Seclore; Tenable Network Security; Tibco; Versafe; and, Zscaler,who delegates can meet with in Crypto Commons, the hub of RSA Conference Europe. In addition, Crypto Commons will feature educational and networking opportunities such as a Book Shop in association with IT Governance, the Evening Reception as well as the popular Flash Talks Powered by PechaKucha at the first day of the Conference.
A complete RSA Conference Europe 2013 agenda can be found at:
Delegates can also download the RSA Conference Mobile App at www.rsaconference.com/eumobile to take advantage of pre-Conference planning tools and to avoid international data charges.
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Since 1991, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security’s most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
# # #
RSA and the RSA Conference logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
+44 20 81239946