- Apr 16, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO – April 16, 2018 – RSA Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicks off its annual event today in San Francisco. Taking place April 16 – April 20, RSA Conference 2018 brings together top cybersecurity professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year’s Conference includes a notable lineup of keynote speakers, including:
- Andy Ellis, Chief Security Officer, Akamai Technologies
- Rohit Ghai, President, RSA
- Samir Kapuria, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Cyber Security Services, Symantec
- Monica Lewinsky, public speaker, writer and social activist
- Jane McGonigal, PhD, Director of Games Research & Development at the Institute for the Future
- The Honorable Kirstjen Nielsen, Secretary, United States Department of Homeland Security
- Rami Rahim, Chief Executive Officer, Juniper Networks
- Reshma Saujani, founder and CEO of Girls Who Code
- Josh Shaul, Vice President, Web Security, Akamai Technologies
- Margot Lee Shetterly, writer, researcher, and entrepreneur
- Brad Smith, President, Microsoft
- John N. Stewart, Senior Vice President, Chief Security and Trust Officer, Cisco
- Tim Urban, Creator of Wait But Why
- Christopher D. Young, Chief Executive Officer, McAfee
- Marc van Zadelhoff, General Manager, IBM Security
“Security continues to be a mainstream business conversation that now ties to data and privacy. As the landscape evolves, it’s becoming a topic discussed not only from a professional standpoint, but a personal one as well,” said Linda Gray Martin, Director & General Manager of RSA Conference. “This week, tens of thousands of the industry’s most knowledgeable people will gather in San Francisco to discuss what the future looks like and why now matters. From education, to networking to information sharing, RSA Conference continues to be a place where the world talks security.”
Some other highlights at RSA Conference 2018 include:
- The Cryptographers’ Panel: The Past, Present and Future of the Industry – Panelists Adi Shamir (Borman Professor of Computer Science and The Weizmann Institute, Israel), Ronald Rivest (MIT Institute Professor), Moxie Marlinspike (Founder of Signal), Paul Kocher (Security Researcher and Consultant) and Whitfield Diffie (Cryptographer and Security Expert, Cryptomathic) talk with Zulfikar Ramzan, CTO of RSA, on the past, present and future of information security.
- The Five Most Dangerous New Attack Techniques, and What's Coming Next – Panelists from The SANS Institute, Ed Skoudis (top hacker exploits expert/teacher in the U.S.), Johannes Ullrich (head of the Internet Storm Center), James Lyne (top expert on cyber-attacks in the U.K.) and moderator Alan Paller will provide an update on the most dangerous new attack techniques, how they work, how they can be stopped and how to prepare for what’s coming next.
- Conference Closing: The Hugh Thompson Show – Internet security guru and RSA Conference Program Committee Chair Dr. Hugh Thompson returns to close out the week. For the 11th year, Thompson brings a lifetime of security expertise and enthusiasm to “The Hugh Thompson Show” at this year’s RSA Conference as he sits down to interview a number of industry experts.
- RSAC Women’s Leadership Reception – RSA Conference is pleased to be hosting this long-standing women’s leadership program as the talent, contributions and continued development of women in the cybersecurity community come together on Tuesday evening.
- Introducing RSAC onDemand – RSAC onDemand is a new way to experience the best of RSA Conference—from work or home. Featuring some of the Conference’s most anticipated moments, RSAC onDemand puts critical and relevant industry information online and available at any time.
- Monday Seminars – This year there will be numerous additional seminars added to the agenda on Monday including topics around GDPR, diversity, blockchain, bitcoin, innovation, entrepreneurship, among others.
- Broadcast Alley – The unofficial newsroom of RSAC 2018, Broadcast Alley features top security publications in action as they shoot live at the Conference and record exclusive interviews with cybersecurity VIPs.
- RSAC Early Stage Expo – The Early Stage Expo is a great opportunity to gain visibility for emerging infosec startups. Located at the Marriot Marquis, it’s an innovation space dedicated to promoting up-and-comers in the industry. With emerging talent at every booth, participating startups have the opportunity to tell their stories and showcase their products to over 43,000 of cybersecurity’s most influential decision makers and investors.
- RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest – The RSAC Innovation Sandbox Contest has moved to the Marriott Marquis, just a short walk from Moscone Center. The contest takes place during the afternoon on Monday, April 16.
- Nighttime Ninja Sessions – The knowledge-sharing continues even after the sun goes down at RSA Conference. Hosted at the Marriott Marquis, the new Nighttime Ninja sponsor-hosted sessions explore technical solutions on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
- Expanded Campus – Once again RSA Conference 2018 is growing beyond the Moscone Center. Content can now be found in Moscone North, South, West and the nearby Marriott Marquis.
- More Learning Labs – Learning Labs offer in-depth learning and high interactivity before, during and after Conference. The two-hour Labs target senior security information practitioners (10+ years). Attendees can now choose from 18 of these two-hour interactive sessions ranging from how to prepare for a cyber-attack to exploring the ethical dilemmas in cybersecurity.
- Return of AdvancedU – This returning series of educational programs offered by RSA Conference teaches cyber-awareness for children, provides outreach to college students to introduce and encourage a career in information security and supports education throughout the various stages of a career within the industry. RSAC AdvancedU includes the following:RSAC Cyber Smart Parents Workshop, the RSAC Security Scholar program, RSAC College Day, LoyaltyPlus and Association Credits.
- Peer2Peer Sessions – These highly interactive gatherings are an opportunity for attendees who share a common interest to explore various security issues and topics. Sessions are facilitated by an experienced practitioner.
- The Sandbox – RSA Conference’s “sandboxes” are full of hands-on interactive experiences to test out infosec skills. Demonstrations and discussion will center around how pervasive computing and connectedness will inevitably lead to a broader threat landscape in healthcare and business. Other topics include: threats to smart cities, electric grids and industrial processing plants; prioritization of cyber safety in areas that affect public safety and transportation and challenge infosec skills for network and digital forensics. 2018 will include SANS NetWars in the Sandbox, Industrial Control System (ICS), Internet of Things and Car Hacking.
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to 2018 sponsors: McAfee, Microsoft, RSA, Akamai, Cisco, Cylance, Forcepoint, IBM, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks, Qualys, Symantec, Carbon Black, Check Point, Cyber Ark, Fortinet, TeleTrust Security, HOB Security, Ixia, Micro Focus, Sophos, Splunk, Thales, TrendMicro, Tripwire, VMWare and Webroot.
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Join and follow the conversation with hashtag #RSAC
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For More Information